Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why do you want to work for us?

You are in their building. You are talking to the boss. You are there for the job, but why? Why do you want to work for this company? This is question number 4 on out Top 10 Interview questions list.

Your answer has a lot to do with yesterday’s answer. If you have a background on the company, this will be an easy question. If you are ill-prepared an answer might sound like, “I saw your ad and like I needed a job.”

That is a NO GO! Please have a better response than that.

Why do you want to work for us should be a place where you match your skills with that of the position.

“I want to work for you because my computer skills will allow for me to add productivity for the company and for my personal goals of becoming a manager in a great organization like yours.”

That’s a good start. Fill in the blanks with what you want to accomplish within the company. This is not a time for “I need a job to pay some bills and when something better comes along, I’m going to go for it.”

See you tomorrow Tampa, as we get into common question number 5!

-Greg Rollett

No comments:

My Zimbio